Santiam Detachment #374
The Santiam Detachment, having fulfilled the requirements of the Constitution and having applied for membership, received its Charter on March 27th, 1953 as a subordinate unit of the National Headquarters, Marine Corps League. It is a duly qualified tax-exempt organization pursuant to the provisions of the IRS Code, Section 501(c)(4). Within those provisions, the Detachment operates under Federal Employer Identification Number 36-4617829 and is incorporated in the State of Oregon under Registry Number 165861-17.
Santiam Detachment is committed to supporting our Local Linn-Benton Young Marines organization by providing financial aid and leadership. We render assistance to the annual Linn County Toys for Tots program. We join together in camaraderie by having a one hour social after our meetings held on the first Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at the Albany Municipal Airport , a brunch get together at Elmer's Restaurant here in town at 11:00 a.m. on third Saturday of the month, and by celebrating the Marine Corps birthday each year in the month of November with a dinner celebration.
Marine Corps League
Members of the Marine Corps League join together in camaraderie and fellowship for the purpose of preserving the traditions and promoting the interests of the United States Marine Corps, banding together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps and those who have been honorably discharged from that service that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy, voluntarily aiding and rendering assistance to all Marines and former Marines and to their widows and orphans; and to perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines.
Purpose of the Marine Corps League
- To preserve the traditions, promote the interest and perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps.
- To band together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps, eligible FMF Corpsmen and those who have been honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps, together in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy.
- To help fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve ably as citizens as they have served our nation under arms.
- To hold sacred the memory and history of the men and women who have given their lives to the Nation.
- To foster love for the principles which they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
- To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and FMF Corpsmen, uniformed and civilian, as well as their widows and orphans.
- To create a bond of comradeship between those in the service and those who have returned to civilian life.
- To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of peculiar interest to Marines.
Attend a Meeting
Meetings are held at the Albany Oregon Municipal Airport of the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 am. There is a social hour to get to know everyone after the meeting.
Find an Oregon Detachment
Find a Marine Corps League detachment near to you and get involved with the Marine Corps League.