Santiam Detachment #374
We join together in camaraderie by having a Veterans Breakfast at Elmers restaurant in Albany beginning at 8:00 am Friday mornings. We have meetings on the first Saturday of the month at 10:00 a.m. at the Albany Municipal Airport. Join us, fellow Marines that live in this community, in fellowship and comradere. There are other social events not on a regular schedual determined by the members of the Santiam Detachment. Santiam Detachment renders assistance to the annual Linn County Toys for Tots program to provide toys for children in our communities for Christmas. Contact us for more information.
Members of the Marine Corps League join together in camaraderie and fellowship for the purpose of preserving the traditions and promoting the interests of the United States Marine Corps, banding together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps and those who have been honorably discharged from that service that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy, voluntarily aiding and rendering assistance to all Marines and former Marines and to their widows and orphans; and to perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of particular interest to Marines.
Purpose of the Marine Corps League
- To preserve the traditions, promote the interest and perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps.
- To band together those who are now serving in the United States Marine Corps, eligible FMF Corpsmen and those who have been honorably discharged from the United States Marine Corps, together in fellowship, that they may effectively promote the ideals of American freedom and democracy.
- To help fit its members for the duties of citizenship and to encourage them to serve ably as citizens as they have served our nation under arms.
- To hold sacred the memory and history of the men and women who have given their lives to the Nation.
- To foster love for the principles which they have supported by blood and valor since the founding of the Republic.
- To aid voluntarily and to render assistance to all Marines and FMF Corpsmen, uniformed and civilian, as well as their widows and orphans.
- To create a bond of comradeship between those in the service and those who have returned to civilian life.
- To perpetuate the history of the United States Marine Corps and by fitting acts to observe the anniversaries of historical occasions of peculiar interest to Marines.
Meetings and Social Functions
We get together at the Albany Oregon Municipal Airport on the first Saturday of each month at 10:00 am.
Find an Oregon Detachment
Find a Marine Corps League detachment close to you to get involved with other Marines in your community.